Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Figuring me out

I thought I'd share a bit about myself. Sure, there's the "view my complete profile" button you can link to, to find out my age, birthday, my sign, favorite movies & books etc. Well at least you would be able to find those things out, if I were to finish filling it out. I got stuck just after the questions where engaging your brain is optional, with that I mean, I am 26, I am a Capricorn and I do live in Colorado, no fabrications there... but when it comes to favorite movies, books, and writing a bit about myself, well the old grey matter just doesn't cooperate. So, I thought I'd write a list of things about me(say, 50 things) and hopefully (since I like lists) I could get my brain jogged as to who I am.

I...

  1. like lists. I know this has already been mentioned, but since I believe it to be an important factor in getting my brain organized, it's worth mentioning again to start things off.
  2. like being organized, but I am also a procrastinator and lazy. (It makes for an interesting combination.)
  3. tend to be a perfectionist, but also impatient. (Also an interesting combo.)
  4. love to cook, bake, and generally spend time in the kitchen.
  5. am also familiar with take out menus, and not afraid to call on delivery people, or my husband and his truck, to supply my family with a hot meal.
  6. have been married for 5 years and couldn't possibly imagine life without my soul mate.
  7. have a 3 year old son whom I affectionately call "Bug."
  8. have a 7 month old daughter with the special nicknames of "Munchiekins" and "Sweetie Peas"
  9. have two older brothers who have all sorts of nicknames for me (Baby botz, Neeners, and a bunch more I, um... forgot).
  10. miss my parents (who live a state away), but try to talk with them often.
  11. have 3 sisters-in-law, 2 by my marriage and one by my brother's.
  12. feel the title of Mother-in-law (much like Stepmother) has attached with it, warts and an evil cackle.
  13. call my mother-in-law, Mum.
  14. call my sisters-in-law by their names.
  15. love to read, but hardly have/make the time to.
  16. love a good mystery (Agatha Christie is still the tops).
  17. spend way too much time watching TV.
  18. started watching Poirot on the Biography channel.
  19. have 4 dogs and a cat.
  20. feel like I live in a zoo (hence the web address), but am usually happy about it.
  21. have averaged a house a year for the past 4 years.
  22. hate moving.
  23. would never go into the real estate business.
  24. would like to say it's our last move for at least 10 years (but should know better with our track record).
  25. really enjoy the TV series Red Dwarf.
  26. am a bit of a sci-fi nerd.
  27. also enjoy Farscape and Hitchhiker's Guide.
  28. attribute my oldest brother with teaching me nerdy ways.
  29. enjoy the Autumn season the most, but mainly for the clothes.
  30. am not a big fan of snow.
  31. am in denial that we're back in Colorado where winter actually exists.
  32. am very glad we've never moved to the north where one can say it truly snows.
  33. am now knocking on wood that my husband's company doesn't decide to move us to Minnesota.
  34. enjoy cheesy romantic comedies.
  35. love that my husband enjoys them too.
  36. hope he's not upset I "outed" him on this blog.
  37. view any day I haven't been pooped on, peed on, or thrown up on as a good one.
  38. love the things my Bug says. "We need to go to Target. Baby sister needs new shoes."
  39. know his little sister doesn't wear shoes.
  40. understand the need to go to Target.
  41. love to take pictures of my kids.
  42. know that's nothing out of the ordinary for your average parent.
  43. actually went to school for photography for a year.
  44. still can't get my automatic camera to focus properly.
  45. enjoy cheesy and not so cheesy action/adventure movies, a la Jackie Chan, Indiana Jones & the Borne movies.
  46. can't forget to mention James Bond.
  47. could be disowned by both my father and husband if I did.
  48. hope I can keep up with writing on this blog.
  49. figure I'll take it one day at a time.
  50. am finished with my 2nd entry!





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you call me by name, and not "sister-in-law" That would be strange. I enjoyed your big list. One of the things on my list is the enjoyment of reading lists about lists. Bravo!

Mopsy, not anonymous

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home