Sunday, June 12, 2005

Nothing in particular

I'm in the mood to blog, but forgive me if it's just mindless babbling (for those of you who asked "so what else is new?" um- shut up). I can't really think of anything of importance to regurgitate regarding the past couple days (no, I don't suppose I generally have anything particularly important to write about -& um, shut up).

I've been thinking about what I want to be when I grow up. This question has been a tough one for me. I think that's because I'm so darn fickle. In general I have trouble with making decisions. Ask anyone I'm related to, or for that matter any one who's ever met me. What am I making for dinner? -I may as well start planning before breakfast. Choosing a restaurant? Prepare yourself for a 2 hour wait(you might want to bring snacks). I have to plan months ahead of time to come up with gifts for peoples' birthdays, it's craziness. The funny thing is, some of the biggest decisions of my life have been made in true spur of the moment, fly by the seat of your pants fashion. Marriage? -No problem. Should we have a baby? - Alrighty. Continuously moving around the country? How 'bout a coin toss to decide?
But when it comes to my ambitions career-wise I can't seem to flounder enough.

As far as I can remember the first thing I wanted to be when I was young was a ballerina. I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed, though, I stopped taking dance classes fifteen years ago. Lately I have been considering such a wide variety of professions it ranges from running a restaurant to being a dairy farmer. I even took a test online to help me sort out what it is I am best suited for. It didn't come up with anything I didn't already know. I don't want to work for anyone or have anyone work for me. I enjoy writing, mathematics, science, cooking, and don't like administration or sales. So what is a girl to do? I never stay on the same track for long, I'd say I have a fear of commitment, but I'd suppose my marriage would have an argument to that. Right out of high school I dove into photography, I decided after only a semester to venture in a different direction. English was my next, and unofficial major, and also lasted only one semester. When I transferred schools I was declared an art major by the school I switched to(sounded ok to me, I didn't argue). From that point I took an easy way out of decision making by quitting school and getting married. I'm very happy with the way my life is unfolding so far. Being a mom is the greatest "when I grow up" ending I could hope for, I would just like to sort out a career type decision in addition - you know the drill, I'd like to have my cake and eat it too. I'm young. I'm not too worried about figuring out something for my future career. Plus, I'm not planning on abandoning my post as a stay-at-home mommy any time soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home