Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Coffee Fantastic

Hubby Mikey said I need to start blogging more.
Actually the conversation went a little bit more like this:
Me: Wahhh, nobody likes me!
HM: ... What do you mean?
Me: No one ever comments on my posts *sob*
HM: Well sweetie I'm not sure you want to hear this, but you may have to write more often to keep people reading it. When you go on hiatus for weeks at a time you lose people's interest.
Me: ...

I remember having a conversation with Mopsy a while back regarding blog writing. She said that she finds herself choosing to do more interesting things during the day so that she'll have something to blog about later.

...

Uh, I tried a new coffee filter...

-- Does my family and the odd person who comes across this blog want to hear about my coffee misadventures? Well considering there haven't been many comments you can also come to the conclusion that there haven't been many complaints against it either. So hey, coffee filters, why not?--

Early Sunday evening Bug and I were out getting groceries when we found ourselves at Peaberry Coffee preparing to quench our hot beverage cravings. While the barista was busy foaming my milk and adding whipped cream to Bug's cocoa, I wandered around looking at their merchandise. I came across some gold coffee filters and decided since I was almost out of filters at home, I'd go ahead and shovel out the extra cash to try one out. I'd heard they help to make a superior tasting coffee and over time can save some money. Monday morning I tested it out, but my coffee maker being what it is (generally good, but quirky) overflowed a bit onto the counter. I also discovered a taste testing mistake, I had bought a new flavor of coffee. How exactly was I to tell a superior coffeeness regarding the filter if I hadn't tasted the specific type of coffee before? Oh me, what's a girl to do? I brewed the coffee again this morning (again with the gold filter) and there was no lava flow from the carafe (a good sign) though, I've still no verdict on the new filter's superiority. I'm planning a paper filter test tomorrow morning. I know I'm riveted to know which does the better job. I'm always on a quest for a better tasting cup of joe. I'll be sure to post the verdict.

I'm sure this post comes across as one big (whiny, pathetic) plea for comments, but I assure you it isn't (well ok, it is). I am just blogging about my life and the things that happen in it (like whining to my husband about being unloved) however trivial they may be. It is in no way directed to people who I know read my blog (Mum) and comment to me in person (my parents) without leaving a comment on here (my brother x2).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem.

I read your blog every day, even when I know you are out of town. How's that for devotion, neighbor?

I had to LOL at your use of my theory on blogging. But it's true. I find myself taking more risks (not risky risks, just doing things like trying out for Wheel of Fortune). Another thing is to have a bunch of crap happen to you---that will give you fodder for writing. Hopefully *good* stuff, though.

I thought maybe you would be tired of my comments. For months, my mom was the only one who commented regularly, and now she hardly does it anymore. I would ask myself "why am I doing this?" and I had to admit it was nice to get comments---just so I wouldn't feel like I was typing into a void of nothingness. Now, it's just a habit.

I'm here! I'm here! We have a gold coffee filter. I like it because it saves money on paper filters.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Nini said...

:) I check your blog about 5 times a day, but it never fails for me to stop checking just before you post.
I wouldn't never tire of your comments! Notice you weren't mentioned in my blatent name calling.
Thanks for letting me whine

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will read about your coffee mishaps any day. I put your blog link on mine, this way I'll remember to read yours more.

(((hug))

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home