Monday, June 13, 2005

Staying home

I said in last night's post, "I'm not planning on abandoning my post as a stay-at-home mommy any time soon."
I'd like to elaborate on that. When I think of a "career" for me to add to my life, I fully see my children involved. As far as running a restaurant, I picture the kids (somewhere in high school I suppose) coming in after school to sit at a booth and do their homework, possibly helping out a bit to earn extra money, but definitely there. With the dairy farm idea (yes I was serious about that) I see them as little curious kids helping to name the cows and chasing our dogs around the field.
I suppose I just want to clarify that I am happy with my choice of being a stay at home mom. I have no desires in the way of eight hour shifts or the world of day care (not that there is anything wrong with either of those).
I look at a career choice for me being something that can be added to our family's current dynamic. So if I'm to write a best selling novel (um, shut up) I picture Sweetiepeas at my feet squawking for Cheerio's while I'm typing, and both her and Bug on my bookstore tour, taking time in each city to eat at exotic McDonald's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home