Thursday, February 03, 2005

The perfect moment

Prompted by a craving of my husband's, Bug and I baked cookies today. I admit I have a weakness for sweets, but I just have to wonder is there anything more wonderful than fresh baked cookies?
Bug and I were sitting in front of the oven with plates of gooey chocolate chip cookies and cold glasses of milk. Sweetiepeas was swinging away happily, and every so often Bug would get up to help her master her new sippy cup (of course this was in between mouthfuls of the chocolatey goodness). I figured, "This is it. Perfect." It has to be one of the best moments I've had with my kids to date.
Sure, when it was over there was flour on the floor to clean up, and sure he had chocolate on his face, hands... even his legs, but it was well worth it. I only wish (within the realm of eating healthy) I could come up with a reason to add daily doses of chewy cookies. --I may just decide to eat all of our meals oven-side and make sure they're messy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home