Sunday, June 19, 2005

The day for dads

Today is Daddys' Day. A day for all dads to celebrate their dadness. In my family "dadness" refers to a vast knowledge of electronic gadgets, an appreciation for bbq'd foods, and a fondness for sleeping late. These qualities apply to not only my dad, but my husband and my brother too. All three of them are wonderful dads, and each have their own special qualities for fathering.
My dad is a jack of all trades, I don't think I ever lost the "my dad knows everything" point of view (he is definitely my "phone-a-friend"). I call him up for odd questions just about once every other day and almost always he will have something extremely helpful to contribute.
My brother has a patience that is second only to our mom's. With five children and one on the way I suppose patience is a means for sanity, but I'm still wowed how well he keeps his cool.
As for my dear husband Mikey, I don't think I could say enough to do justice concerning his skills as a father. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father for my children. He is adventurous, cheery, imaginative and childlike (and that's all before he goes to work in the morning). I look forward to each day I spend with him. Watching his interaction with Bug and Sweetiepeas is priceless.
Happy fathers' day fellas, you all deserve the best for what you give to your kids each and every day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww. That was really sweet. I am meaning to write a fathers day blog (I will adjust the date on it so I don't look like a slacker)....

Very sweet blog. I hope you guys had a great day.

(Did you get a printer yet)?

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice tribute to the dads in your life (and all our lives...) Knowing all the of the aforementioned dads, I can vouch for their excellent qualities.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home