Thursday, April 07, 2005

Ahh Spring

Spring is fleeting (if existent at all) here in Colorado, but today feels to the core like a fresh new spring day. It's beautiful outside, gorgeous blue skies, brightly shining sun and I can see that our trees are beginning to bud. Even inside I can feel life rejuvenating, our house is mid transformation from a stuffy cluttered home into a bright clean space. Ethan is excited for our park dates already dressed to go, and Leigh is verging on a first birthday and growing every second between.
I'm excited for the summer. I'm ready to shed long pants and coats and replace them with shorts and sun hats. With lots of plans for day trips, a zoo membership to take advantage of, and possibly our first family vacation to look forward to I can't wait for this busy -and fun- season to begin.
To me spring is a sneak preview. It's a peek into the days of sunblock and sunglasses. It brings with it a promise of life -and things to fill life up with.- So when our spring is marred with our next snow flurry, hopefully I can recapture the feeling from days like today and know that a fresh start is just around the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home