Friday, April 15, 2005

Tax day

So today is the day the IRS demands an answer to the question of who owes whom. Our taxes have been filed for about a month -thank goodness for H&R Block, buying and selling homes every year makes filing online a bit taxing on the brain.- We've also already spent the money the tax man owes us (the shiny new computer I'm currently on).

In that vein, today meant little in the financial sense. For me, today meant getting a bit closer to completing a project that has wedged its thorny self into my side. Today meant PAINTING.

When we first moved into this house there were a few changes we wanted to see happen in the "make this house ours" sense. One of these changes involved wallpaper -or the hopeful lack thereof- and this is what has since turned into a major project.

To start the project off (last August -ahem-) there was the removal of the nasty stuff which included the use of razor blades and three increasingly less patient people (I had help from my mom and dad). During the next phase I folded and brought in the use of professionals (my impatience had gotten the best of me). After the "demolition" crew came and went there were two weekend days occupied with mudding, sanding, priming and a kind brother who took pity on me and lent a hand (a great many thank you's to Leeber). This is where I started today, on freshly primed walls. Ready for a shiny new, much easier to clean, coat. Now I'm pooped. I'd say the kitchen is about 99% completed and there is a wall and a half to finish in the nook area, but overall I'm pleased. Our kitchen looks real again, almost usable. I'm not making any promises (since it's taken so long just to get to this point), but I'm hoping to be hanging pictures by the end of the weekend. Ok so I can promise not to hold my breath.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you just wrote this eh? Well I look forward to seeing your kitchen once again. I also would have loved to help you.
Jimbo

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home